Where can I get independent advice on utilities and energy efficiency?

Independent advice on energy efficiency and how you use you utilities is available from lots of different places.

We’ve picked a few organisations who can support you in different ways.

Efficiency advice

Advice UK is an umbrella organisation that lists community organisations who can offer free and impartial advice.

Energy Saving Trust provides free advice and information to people looking to save energy, conserve water and reduce waste. They can also help you find grants for energy-saving measures, including cavity wall and loft insulation, and renewable energy sources. Call 0800 512 012.

Simple Energy Advice provides independent, free, expert advice to help you save energy and reduce your bills. Plus – energy saving tips and also help finding energy grants: Call 0800 444202

National Energy Action (NEA) develops and promotes energy efficiency services to help low-income households.

Ofgem is the regulator for UK gas and electricity suppliers and works to promote choice and value for all customers.

Ofwat regulates of water and sewerage providers in England and Wales, working to promote choice, good-quality service and value.

For more information on other available support, view ‘where else can I go for help?