Tell us if you’re not happy
We work hard to provide an excellent service, so we hope you never have a reason to complain. However, occasionally things go wrong. If you have a problem, tell us as soon as you can and we’ll do our best to put things right quickly.
We take all complaints very seriously. We’ll work hard to resolve the problem, and we’ll use your feedback to improve the way we deliver our services in the future. We’ll also keep you informed throughout the process so you know what’s happening every step of the way.
- If your complaint is about a problem with your gas or electricity supply we’ll pass it on to your network operator as it’s their responsibility.
- For complaints about our service, the sooner we know about it the sooner we can put it right.
Get in touch with us by:
If you’re still not happy
You’ve made a complaint and you’re not happy about how it’s been resolved – we’ll talk to you about how we can work together to sort it out. You can also ask us to undertake an internal review of how we’re handling your complaint.
We’ll work hard to try and get a result that you’re happy with. But if you’re not, we’ll look into things again and you’ll receive what’s called a ‘final response’, which means we haven’t been able to resolve things for you. In the letter, we’ll recap what’s happened and what we’ve suggested. We’ll also give you contact details for the Energy Ombudsman.
To resolve your complaint we will:
- Give you an explanation about what went wrong.
- Put things right quickly.
- Apologise if we’ve made a mistake.
- Offer compensation if we feel it’s appropriate. As a not-for-profit company we are different to other energy suppliers and will only pay compensation where we or our business partners have caused financial harm.
The Citizens Advice Bureau offer free, impartial energy advice. They can advise on getting help paying your energy bills, choosing the right tariff and comparing energy suppliers.
In England you can call them on 03444 111 444, in Wales it’s 03444 77 20 20 and in Scotland it’s 0808 800 9060. You can also visit their website www.citizensadvice.org.uk/energy (England and Wales) or www.cas.org.uk/ (Scotland).
The Energy Ombudsman
If we’ve sent you a final response or it’s been eight weeks since you complained and we still haven’t fixed things, the Energy Ombudsman is your next step. It’s a free, independent service to help resolve complaints about energy suppliers.
They’ll make a decision on your case. You don’t have to accept their decision, but if you do, they’ll tell us what we need to do next. This may mean we have to apologise, explain what’s gone wrong, correct the problem or give you compensation.
How to contact the Energy Ombudsman:
- Phone: 0330 440 1624
- Textphone: 0330 440 1600
- Fax: 0300 440 1625
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: Ombudsman Service: Energy, PO Box 966, Warrington WA4 9DF
To find out more about the Energy Ombudsman visit www.ombudsman-services.org/energy
Want a copy of this text?
To make things more accessible for you we ensure all our important documents are available to download for your own reference.
Fosse Complaints Handling Procedure